Ethical & Environmental policy and practice
Here at Doha Designs we are working hard to ensure our business operates fairly in our world to create a sustainable future for our children and yours.
This means we have been spending a lot of time sourcing the best printers and suppliers to ensure we can provide high quality items and maintain high ethical and environmental standards. This is an ongoing process, we are constantly looking at ways we can improve, below we have outlined some of our progress to date.
- Our illustrated and photographic prints are produced by a print studio with an end-to-end-carbon-neutral-service. As far as possible they minimise energy use and use renewable energies and where unavoidable they use Gold Standard to offset any carbon emissions.
- Prints are produced on demand so there is no wastage.
- Our printed t-shirts are printed using approved water based printing inks (which are incidentally all vegan approved).
- Our t-shirts are 100% organic cotton, sourced from responsible suppliers.
- any failed prints are donated to charity rather than destroyed.
- Wherever possible we aim to ship in plastic free packaging.
- Greetings cards have a compostable/biodegradable plastic free wrap.
- Most items ship in our paper mailing bags which are manufactured from responsible, sustainable sources to comply with FSC certification. The paper is both compostable and degradable, and paper mailers can be easily recycled, making this an extremely eco-friendly option. The weather-proof parcel protects its contents during transit.
- Cardboard boxes are used to pack orders that are too large for our paper mailing bags and for specialist items such as mugs which require greater protection in transit.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve our ethical and environmental policies and will publish updates here as we find new ways to decrease our footprint.